Sunday, December 2, 2007

20 pounds is a lot!



Sunday evening...just finished half an hour on the rebounder. I was using ten pound dumb bells, and, dayum, they're heavy!

"Wow," I thought, "I can't remember what it felt like to have an extra twenty pounds on my body, but it must have been heavy."

That extra twenty pounds was work. I only used them for ten minutes, then reverted to the five pound weights.

I don't miss that twenty pounds.

I don't miss the gym, either. Saturday morning I sat at St. Sebastian with my mug of cappuccino, perched in the window seat, reading Atonement and listening to soft conversations around me. I also worked a bit on the poem I'm writing for Cassandra's wedding. I think I'll make this a Saturday morning ritual for now, because it felt so good. And I think I'll work on my novel there.

In fact, I think it would be lovely to find a way to sit there happily many mornings, blissfully working on my novel. Hmmm...

No comments:

Google