Sunday, November 25, 2007

I want Angelina Jolie's body...

...in 15 minutes a day. Not her real body, because she's starting to look really scrawny (though still gorgeous). But her fake body in Beowulf.

15 minutes. Not enough? I'll go 30. No, seriously, 60 minutes a day, 4-6 days a week. No pressure, because you have to have a day off now and then or it screws up your whole system. Yes? I vote yes.

60 minutes a day of exercise is a big commitment. I'm not an athlete. I don't really want to be an athlete, but I wouldn't mind looking like one. In these times, it's a pretty fun body to have, or so they say. That's what every television commercial says: hard, thin bodies are the ones that are having fun.

I've thought a lot this weekend about my decision to stop going to the gym. I don't feel guilty at all. I don't feel like a failure. I am so happy to have made that decision. I love to exercise in my own space, at my own pace. I love exercise when it's something that brings me in touch with who I am, when it reveals my own secrets to me. I like peaceful exercise. And the gym was robbing me of that experience. Everything about the gym is loud. Peace is so much better. So I feel really happy about making the right decision.

This has been a wonderful weekend. My friends Joyce, Timberli, Bryan and myself won a little over $450 on some lottery tickets. We were sitting in a local pub, ready for lame small town comedy night, scratching away...and Joyce looked at me and said "This is a $400 ticket." It was like I didn't hear it at first, it didn't completely compute. I said "Yeah, look I think this is a $50 card."

It was limbo for just a sec, and Timberli came to the table. I said "Hey, we just won $400! Well, $450!"

And the celebration commenced! I feel very lucky, and, at the end of this long busy Thanksgiving weekend, I feel thankful. For family, for friends, for good fortune and abundance. Luck is a cool, funny, mysterious thing. Four of us got a lovely piece of luck this weekend. I'm thrilled for all of us, and I think with proper appreciation for our good fortune, we will find even more good luck coming our way. And I for one am thankful.

My landlord died today. I'll miss him; he was a very good man. I've been missing him for a while, because Alzheimer's has been destroying his mind for years. Best of luck on your new journey, Mr. K.

No comments:

Google