Monday, January 14, 2008

Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

The title quote comes from Michael Pollan. He's written books, and this wonderful article: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/magazine/28nutritionism.t.html?ei=5090&

Love this quote: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
That's pretty much all we need to know, isn't it? So simple, and yet...

The article is long, but well worth the read.

My friend Timberli came back from vacation with the book "Skinny Bitch." It kinda makes me feel all warm and happy inside! I've been known to bore my friends to politeness, watching their eyes glaze over while I blather on about health, health foods, the evilness of the FDA and food industries, etc. Then along comes something like "Skinny Bitch," and it makes all the stuff I've been saying for a long time fun and friendly; a colloquial, easy read. Thank you, Skinny Bitch authors.



Being vegetarian doesn't necessarily make one healthy. Potato chips, fries, cake, cheese puffys, all those things still come under the broad label of "vegetarian." But healthy they ain't.

Time to go home and do some yoga.
Fave yoga DVD: Beauty Body with Anna Brett and Ravi Singh. I have several of their DVDs, but that one has me feeling exhilerated at the end.

1 comment:

Me said...

This article reminded me of your post:
End of the Meat Guzzlers

Google