Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Two Weeks!

Ho Ho Hum.

So the holidays came. And went. And what do they bring but tons of food that I don't want to eat, but find myself nibbling on anyway? Food that makes me feel sick and bloated, but that I seem almost powerless to resist.

But I did practice lots of moderation this year. And thankfully, in my family, we have adopted themes for Christmas dinner. Last year: Italian. This year: Chinese. Yes, we ate egg rolls, veggie lo mein, stir fried snow peas, rice, etc., on Christmas Day. And we made everything ourselves except the egg rolls. So the dishes I made were plenty healthy, with lots of veggies.

Now Christmas Eve, well, that was another matter. Fabulous lasagna, salad, garlic bread...
and don't get me started on the wine and whiskey that flowed freely through the season...

So okay. It's now January 2nd, and I won't get on the scales for two weeks. Cop-out? I don't care. Two weeks.

But bravely, I did go shopping yesterday, hoping to find another of a favorite shirt that somehow sprouted a hole. No luck, but I tried on some jeans in my size (10), (and how crazy is that, to try on jeans on New Year's Day?!) and they still fit quite well. *Insert sigh of relief here!*

My indulgences are getting fewer. It's simple: I don't feel as well when I eat poor quality food. It weighs me down, literally and figuratively.

More soon...

No comments:

Google