Friday, November 9, 2007

Meet Asian Women!

Or not.

I was a bit dismayed by the content of the Google ads I allowed on my blog. I guess it was naive, but I thought when they promised to tailor the ads to my site content, we'd see things that, well, matter. But ads for diet pills that don't work, promises to lose 55 pounds in a month, meet Asian women (which really had me scratching my head, till my friend Timberli said it was probably because of the mention of shirataki noodles)...nope, in good conscience, I can't allow that kind of taint on the message I'm trying to get across. They're all lies, promises with no foundation, that ignore the real problems (if, in fact, the weight issues that you and I have are problems; I can only truly speak for myself on that, but I have yet to meet a fat person who is truly happy to be fat).

So. No more false advertising! Not on my blog. My weight/health journey is too important.

Last night I attended a small seminar with Charles Eisenstein, during which he spoke on his books The Yoga of Eating and Transformational Weight Loss.
Held at a lovely little tea shop, with an intimate group of people, it was a very good night. Now, Charles is a thin man who has never had weight issues, but his life's journey has been a quest for mind/body/spirit wholeness, or at least, that's my perception of him, after hearing him speak and reading some of his works. I can't presume to speak for him, and I certainly don't wish to misrepresent a man who has such a powerful message to share. But I can tell you he glows from within, has one of the warmest, most genuine smiles you'll ever see, and is a gentle, intuitive spirit on earth.

I'm exhausted this morning, not because of the travel and late night, but because my cat Boris insists on challenging me in the small hours of morning. He's twenty years old, and he has...issues. I inherited him a few years ago from ex-friends who, at the time, were going through a divorce and would no longer keep him. Boris is a big, lanky tabby, the most laid-back kitty you'd ever encounter, most of the time. But he's had some health issues, and some control issues, and 3 a.m. seems like fun to him. So does 4 a.m. and 4:20. And 4:36. And 4:52. And 5:05. You get the picture. He must be here to test my capacity for compassion. I love the little guy dearly...but somedays, he leaves me depleted...
Send him a little healing energy, if you wouldn't mind.

My point is that I'm not expressing myself well today, because my mind is foggy.
I'll write more later.

Namaste.

No comments:

Google